Thursday, April 8, 2010

South Louisiana in my Boopmobile . . .



As this posts, I'm already on my way to South Louisiana for the Jubilee Writer's Conference, where I'll sign some books and mingle with writers and editors and readers and librarians and all manner of interesting peoples.

But, I'll also get to hug our Angie Gumbo Writer, and I'll make sure I hug her for you all, too. And I'll eat my traditional fried shrimp poboy with a cold frosty beer and some french fries--at least this is what I always try to do when I go to South Louisiana, a treat I can't get (at least not done right) anywhere else.

I'll see some grandfather oaks, and spanish moss, and hear the music, and see all the Looseanner people. South Louisiana isn't like any other place; it truly isn't.


If you see my Boopmobile while on my travels, honk a hello to me! You'll know it's my boopmobile when you see it--at least when you see my license plate.


I'll be back on Monday sometime, where GMR and Little Silly Girl and Not Quite Fat Dog
will be waiting for me in the cove at Killian Knob. I may check in while I'm in Looseranner, but if not - all y'all have good days and wish me luck on my travels and at the conference! As they shout in Loueeseeanner: AIYEEEEEEEEE!

Here's the link to hear my interview on Kat on The Writer's Show - if you care to hear my gravely voice - I was exhausted from the drive, but it was a fun show to do.









10 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Have a great time! The beer in the last picture looks good to me right now. Have a cold one for me. :)

Terri Tiffany said...

Please hug angie for me! I miss her and have a great time signing those books!

Marguerite said...

Oh, sha, I know you're going to have such a bon ton! How I wish that I could be there! Have a few beers for me! Cheers and hugs to you and Angie!

Debra said...

Have a great time! We'll look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

Carol Murdock said...

Hey Kat! Have fun! Give Ang a big hug from me! XOXO :)

Glynis Peters said...

Loved the interview. Hope you had a great time.

Steph Jordan said...

Hey lady how's it going?

Analisa said...

Yes please give Angie our love and have a great trip...have a poo boy for me!!!

t i m said...

hope you're doing great & all the best to angie :)

Stephanie Faris said...

I went to a conference in Louisiana once in college...it's HOT there, isn't it? Hope you have lots of great Cajun food and have great success with your networking.